INDUSTRIALISATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
It can be said that the industrialisation and infrastructure of Mongolia is in the infant stage of development. The considerable number of policies implemented by the Mongolian government in recent years to promote industrialisation and infrastructure indicate the critical significance of these factors to Mongolia’s economic and social development.
Our lawyers have a great deal of experience in these areas, having acted as legal consultants for various industrialisation projects and companies operating in infrastructure. The provision of an effective and good quality service for this type of project requires significant skill and extensive knowledge of local and foreign legislation, international treaties, conventions and other standard documents that are widely used in the industrialisation and development of infrastructure, as well as the legislation related to various different sectors. One of the major industrialisation and infrastructure projects we are currently involved with is the “Sainshand industrial complex” project, for which we are working as legal consultants, having established a partnership with Taylor Wessing LLP, the best international law firm in Great Britain, for the second year. The Board of Directors and agreement evaluation group of Sainshand industrial complex LLC reviewed our legal advisory services as “satisfactory”.
In 2013 we organised a workshop on mega infrastructure projects in collaboration with Taylor Wessing LLP and presented the topics of “Risk of a construction contract” and “Legal Aspects of Project Financing” to the Sainshand industrial project LLC. We also conducted a comparative study of industrial zones and foreign direct investment, and prepared a presentation for investors regarding the investment and tax environment.
In addition, we have experience of drafting concession agreements, contracts with the chief consultant of the project, project financing agreements, contracts on researching environmental and social impacts and financial advisory agreements. We are also able to administer guidance or advice on EPC and EPCM contracts. Moreover, we have prepared many contracts, legal opinions, legal advice, and guidance needed to implement projects based on clients’ request. We would be pleased to cooperate with firms in this industry and provide the following legal consultancy services;
- Conduct a comparative study of the legal environment of the industrialisation and infrastructure of developed countries and model countries and provide information and consultancy services, as well as organising training for clients;
- Obtain the special licenses necessary for operation and represent clients with the authorities;
- Develop, review, and amend drafts of necessary contracts, regulations, rules and other legal documents for the construction of plants and facilities and the major development of infrastructure and provide legal consultation;
- Conduct an investigation of contracts, regulations, rules and other documents necessary for the commencement of operations and normal operation, develop these kinds of documents, and provide the necessary consultancy;
- Represent clients at pre-trial processes and trials; deal with claims, responses and counterclaims and develop other necessary legal documents.